Thursday, February 5, 2015

Tidbits for February 4th


To Begin With...

Let's start at the beginning, folks - with an apology! A sweet reader wrote to remind me that in my last Tidbits edition, I had posted a link to a blog entry that contained several obscenities. That link has been removed, and I offer to you, my dear readers, an apology - to everyone in general, and especially to those of you who clicked on the link. I will keep a closer eye on articles from here on out!


Tidbits

A Day in the Life of a Preschooler - Yes. Oh, yes. (Smockity Frocks)

Birth Control Pills: Men Get Free Sex, Women Get Cancer - "They inject synthetic hormones in cows, and everyone freaks out. They prescribe it to perfectly healthy women, and we scream “liberation!” Something is wrong here." (The Matt Walsh Blog)

Should Wives Be Teaching Their Husbands? - I have spent many years learning this hard lesson. (Always Learning)

Destruction-Proofing Your Family - This was an absolutely awesome series. If you missed it the first time, don't miss it now! My favorite is Part 5. (Like Mother, Like Daughter)




From the Bookshelf

The Nesting Place: It Doesn't Have to Be Perfect to Be Beautiful 

I have no idea why I'm reading this book. I vaguely think it was recommended by another book... or a blogger... or some random force of the universe. And I can already tell you - folks, it's no use. You can't improve decorating techniques in a woman who was born without a trace of fashion sense (that person being Yours Truly). But I intend to enjoy this darling little book anyway - it's so fun and delightful, even if my walls will be just as bare after as before.



The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change 

I know, I know. This book has been out forever (like, since before I was born). What took me so long to read it? But now that I've finally gotten around to it, it is just as amazing as I've always heard. So far, this is a real winner!












Homeschooling for Excellence

A married couple shares their experiences of homeschooling their four sons while homesteading in rural northern California. A fun and easy read - I always love to hear others' experiences in home education.














The Recipe Corner

3-Minute Skillet Granola - Easy, fast, versatile, and child-friendly. I used this as a "teach the 8yo to cook" project, and it was a big success!

What happened when the 3yo got ahold of it is another story, but I'll spare you the pictures. Too painful.

The outcome? Delicious, and highly recommended! We used coconut oil, honey, and cinnamon. (The Common Room)





Have a wonderful weekend, dear readers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!